You’ve heard from your Seattle dentist, Dr. Curalli, about the importance of brushing your teeth every day using a soft-bristled toothbrush (manual or electric). But…do you really know EVERYTHING about your toothbrush?
Since November 1 is National Brush Day, we’re going to drop some knowledge in your noggin by sharing these five fun facts about toothbrushes (#4 will shock you!).
National Brush Day
- The average American spends 38 days brushing teeth over his or her lifetime.
- Toothbrush bristles were originally made from cow hairs. There’s no need to worry – modern toothbrushes use nylon bristles.
- The most popular toothbrush color is blue – hopefully it’s not because of the brusher’s mood.
- Roughly 4 billion people use a mobile device. BUT only 3.5 billion people actually use a toothbrush. We hope there’s a brushing app for that!
- In 2003, the toothbrush was chosen as the #1 invention people can’t live without, beating out cell phones and cars.
Now that you are a toothbrush guru, share these fun facts with your friends and family – it is National Brush Day, after all! Don’t forget to schedule a checkup and cleaning with your dentist in Seattle Ballard – and of course, don’t forget to brush!
Make our jaws drop: Share some of your toothbrush facts by commenting below!