SMILE BALLARD - COVID-19 UPDATE
To our wonderful patients,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: Smile Ballard’s commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for all of us at Smile Ballard, and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Washington Industrial Safety and Health Act (WISHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- All of us will be wearing masks throughout your entire visit. While performing procedures, we will also be wearing face shields.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office, along with getting your temperature checked upon arrival.
We ask that you wear a mask to your appointment. We have hand sanitizer in our reception area that we will ask you to use when you enter the office.
- Please come by yourself to your appointment. If you require assistance to get here, we will ask your escort to wait outside or in the car after dropping you off if possible.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines or coffee/tea since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- We have upgraded suction abilities in our treatment rooms to reduce aerosols created during procedures, as well as installed medical-grade air filters.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at (206) 784-6310 or request an appointment.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
Dr. Curalli and the entire Smile Ballard team