Meet the Doctors
Get to know our dentists in Seattle, WA.
Dr. Dominick Curalli
Providing caring family dentistry in Ballard, WA.
Dr. Dominick Curalli grew up in Spokane and received his undergraduate degree from Gonzaga University. He obtained his dental degree in 2005 at the University of Washington in Seattle and immediately after went on active duty with the U.S. Army. In his four years as a military dentist, Dr. Curalli spent one year completing an Advanced General Dentistry training program and three years in the 4th Infantry Division during which he deployed to Baghdad in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Once separated from the military, Dr. Curalli returned to Seattle, and from 2009-2014 worked in offices in both Newcastle and First Hill.
In 2014 Dr. Curalli started Smile Ballard to be closer to home. He enjoys creating healthy smiles that look and feel great. He has vast experience treating dental emergencies and, in the past, has volunteered his time at the UW Dental Urgent Care Clinic as a part-time instructor to dental students, as well as at the Swedish Community Specialty Clinic, which provides pro bono dentistry to those in need.
Dr. Curalli lives with his wife and 2 sons in Ballard. He enjoys all things outdoors, especially running and skiing. In the past he has run both the New York and Chicago Marathons as part of Team CdLS, helping raise over $50,000 for the Cornelia de Lange Syndrome Foundation.
- Dental Student 2001-2005
- U.S. Army 12 month Advanced General Dentistry Residency 2005-2006
- U.S. Army Brigade Dentist, C Co, 4BSB, 1BCT, 4ID (M) 2006-2009
- Associate Dentist, Newcastle Dentistry 2009-2010
- Associate Dentist, Dental Care Seattle 2010-2014
- Affiliate instructor UW School of Dentistry (Dental urgent care clinic) 2009-2014
- Courtesy Staff Swedish 1st Hill (Swedish Community Specialty Clinic) 2010-2014
- B.S. Biology, Gonzaga University, 2001
- U.S. D.D.S., UW School of Dentistry, 2005
- U.S. 12-month Advanced General Dentistry Residency, U.S. Army Ft. Lewis, 2006
‘‘“I'm here to listen to your concerns. I will do my best to take excellent care of you while you are at our office, and make sure you only get the treatment you need or want.”
Ashley D. Actual Patient.
Dr. Katherine Allen
Providing dentistry built to succeed with excellent communication.
Dr. Katherine Allen grew up in Atlanta, Georgia, and has recently moved to Seattle. She attended Vanderbilt University…Click to open a new window to the University’s website… for her undergraduate studies in neuroscience and then completed her Doctorate in Dental Medicine at the Dental College of Georgia…Click to open a new window to the College’s website… in Augusta, GA.
Dr. Allen is excited to advance her career in Seattle with Dr. Curalli. Her interests in dentistry include general dentistry focusing on restorative and esthetic cases. A unique passion of hers is working with Spanish-speaking populations as she speaks fluent Spanish.
She enjoys baking, painting, and going to farmers’ markets with her fiancé, a general surgery resident at the University of Washington.
- Vanderbilt University, B.A. with Honors in Neuroscience and a minor in Spanish
- Dental College of Georgia, D.M.D. with Distinction in Leadership
- Member of AAWD, HSDA, ASDA, and SPEA
- Golden Harvest Food Bank / Soup Kitchen
- Georgia War Veterans Nursing Home
- GMOM – Georgia Mission of Mercy clinic
- Volunteer Teacher, Colegio Virgen de Gracias, Granada, Spain
- Fluent in Spanish
- Honors Endo Course
- Certificate of Achievement: Periodontics Departmental Award 2022
- Pre-Doctoral Student Achievement Award: Endodontics Departmental Award 2022
‘‘“I aim for you to have a positive and professional experience while receiving high-quality treatment built on a foundation of excellent communication.”