Sedation Dentistry in Seattle, WA
Make your next dental visit anxiety-free!
What Is Sedation Dentistry?
A relaxing and pain-free way to conquer your dental fears.
Do you dread going to the dentist? You’re not alone. Dental anxiety and fear are common problems that keep millions of people from getting the dental care they need. That’s why we offer nitrous oxide and oral sedation at our Seattle dental office to help you feel relaxed, comfortable, and pain-free during your visit.
Nitrous Oxide Sedation: Nitrous oxide, AKA laughing gas, is a mild form of sedation commonly used for dental procedures. You breathe it in via a comfortable mask, feeling a pleasant, euphoric sensation throughout your entire body.
Oral Sedation: Oral Sedation (such as Valium and Halcion) comes in pill form and is ideal for anxious patients or those who need more complex dentistry. This form of Sedation requires patients to have an escort to take them home and might make them forget about having the procedure.
Don’t let dental anxiety and fear keep you from getting the treatment you need and deserve. Discover sedation dentistry with our Seattle dentist and get your oral health on track.
What You'll Love About Sedation Dentistry
The benefits of nitrous oxide include:
Going to the dentist doesn't have to be a terrifying experience! Let our team put you at ease so you can get the treatment to keep your smile healthy.
The effects of nitrous oxide wear off quickly after we finish your treatment so that you can drive yourself home. No need to arrange a ride after!
When administered by our qualified dentist, nitrous oxide sedation is safe. You'll feel normal after, without the drowsiness of stronger sedation options.
Nitrous oxide is a popular choice for both children and adults. Many parents love that it helps keep their anxious kids calm in the dental chair.
Sedation dentistry in Seattle is a great option for extensive or multiple procedures. Nitrous oxide can make a lengthy appointment a breeze.
Our team can adjust the level of nitrous oxide gas that flows through your nosepiece to help you achieve the perfect level of relaxation.
Rubina J. Actual Patient.
Why Choose Smile Ballard?
Dental anxiety is no joke, especially if it causes you to avoid the dentist. That’s why it’s essential to choose a dentist you trust and who understands your fears.
At Smile Ballard of Seattle, our compassionate team is sensitive to the dental phobias that affect so many people. We go above and beyond to make you feel comfortable, relaxed, and in control during your visit.
Creating a meaningful, trusting relationship with you is our top priority. We won’t do any dental work until we gains your full confidence.
As a Seattle Met Top Dentist since 2013, Dr. Curalli is exceptional at his craft, utilizing his artistic touch to help patients look and feel great about their smiles.
Questions About Sedation Dentistry
Get the answers from your sedation dentists in Seattle, WA.
- What types of sedation dentistry do you offer? We offer nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and oral sedation at our dental office in Ballard, WA. Our dentists find these forms of sedation are great for a wide variety of people and needs.
All our sedation options are safe, predictable, and effective in keeping you calm and pain-free during visits and treatments.
- Is nitrous oxide sedation safe? Nitrous oxide is a very common and well-vetted sedation method successfully used in dentistry for many decades. When administered by our highly qualified and trained dental professionals, this mild sedation is safe for most children and adults.
While the unregulated recreational use of nitrous oxide for its euphoric effects can be dangerous, you’re safe in the hands of our trained professionals. The nitrous oxide gas dosage we use is well within the safety margin and carefully monitored.
It’s important to note, nitrous oxide sedation may not be suitable for everyone, including people with certain underlying health conditions like:
- First trimester of pregnancy
- Respiratory illnesses
- History of substance abuse
- History of mental health conditions
- Certain vitamin and mineral deficiencies
Our expert team consults with you before your visit to make sure nitrous oxide is safe for you. As always, please reach out to our friendly team if you have any questions about nitrous oxide sedation in Seattle, WA.
- How will I feel on nitrous oxide? Most patients report that sedation with nitrous oxide is a very pleasant experience. They feel a euphoric, full-body relaxation within a few minutes of starting treatment.
Some people explain it as a floating or mild tingling sensation. But you’ll be awake during treatment, in control of your body, and aware of your surroundings.
- How will I feel after using nitrous oxide? Can I drive myself home? The relaxing effects of nitrous oxide are temporary and wear off quickly. As soon as we stop treatment, you’ll feel normal again within a few minutes and be ready to drive yourself home or go back to work if necessary.
- How much does sedation with nitrous oxide cost?
Each patient’s needs are different, so there’s no one-size-fits-all price. Please call our office for more information about sedation dentistry pricing in Seattle or schedule a consultation with Dr. Curalli.
At Smile Ballard, we believe everyone deserves fear-free dental care. This includes financial concerns, which should never stop you from getting the high-quality treatment you need. We offer many flexible payment options to fit your budget, plus we accept many insurance plans. View our Patient Information page to learn more.