Dental Implants in Seattle, WA
The #1 recommended option to replace missing teeth!
What Are Dental Implants?
The next best thing to your natural teeth.
Dental implants permanently replace missing or severely damaged teeth. This restoration is the top way to replace teeth because it not only restores the function of your tooth from root to crown but also looks and feels natural.
Our dental implant restorations are made of a durable material, built to outlast other restorative options like dentures or bridges. This saves you money down the road, plus gives you the peace of mind you deserve.
Here’s what you can expect with dental implants in Seattle:
First, our restorative dentists confirm you’re a candidate for dental implants. Factors that play a role in this include your age, bone structure, and health.
If you’ve previously been told you are not a candidate, let’s try again. With today’s modern technology, more patients are eligible for dental implants.
Next, our dentists will recommend a treatment plan outlining the timeline, costs, insurance coverage, etc. We aim to make this process as convenient and stress-free as possible.
(If you don’t have enough bone to support a dental implant, you may need a bone grafting procedure before moving on to the next step.)
- Implant PostDr. Curalli refers you to a local periodontist or oral surgeon to place your dental implant. These specialists are trained and experienced in placing dental implants and utilize 3D technology for safe and precise placement.
After the healing period (typically three months), you return to our Ballard dental office for the finishing touches.
- Abutment & CrownBefore we place your crown, your dentist adds an abutment on your implant post. This connects the two and serves as a foundation for your new crown.
Lastly, your dentist permanently places your dental crown. He uses intraoral photography to custom-design this crown with our preferred lab. This ensures your new tooth matches your surrounding ones perfectly.
No one will notice you’ve had dental work done because of the life-like restoration.
- Your New SmileYour dental implant will completely restore your missing tooth. As a result, you can eat your favorite foods again, speak clearly, smile with confidence, and get back to living your life to the fullest.
To care for your dental implant restoration, we recommend:
- Brushing your teeth twice a day
- Flossing daily, making sure to floss around the implant post
- Visiting your dentist for regular exams and cleanings
Find out what dental implants in Ballard, WA, can do for you!
The Benefits of Dental Implants in Seattle, WA
It's easy to see why dental implants are the #1 option!
Our team custom designs your crown to blend seamlessly with your surrounding teeth. It'll match your teeth in color, shape, and size.
With proper care, your dental implant could last a lifetime. This is because the materials used for your dental implant are durable and not subject to decay.
A dental implant is the only restoration that entirely restores your missing tooth's function. Eat, speak, and laugh without discomfort or embarrassment.
A lost tooth can cause a domino effect of problems. A dental implant helps preserve bone density, supports your facial structure, keeps you looking young, prevents adjacent teeth from shifting, maintains your bite, and more!
Dental implants are the longest-lasting restorative option. Other restorations require ongoing maintenance and replacements, quickly adding up in costs. Plus, most dental insurances help cover the cost of dental implants.
An implant only requires modifications to the missing tooth area. Our experts try to preserve as much healthy tooth structure as possible. Alternatively, dental bridges and dentures require alterations to surrounding teeth.
Nathan D. Actual Patient.
Why Choose Us for Dental Implants in Ballard?
This before and after dental implant case speaks for itself!
Here’s a case study with Anne (pictured): Anne came to us because she had difficulty chewing with a lack of back teeth, and she was not happy with the appearance of her smile.
Together, she and our restorative dentist decided on a treatment plan to replace her missing teeth with dental implants and restore her broken teeth with crowns. These treatments were staged to accommodate proper healing time and comfort, plus took budget into consideration.
Now, Anne has a fully restored smile, allowing her to enjoy her favorite foods again and feel confident. By choosing Smile Ballard for your dental implants in Seattle, you too can experience high-quality dentistry with a personalized treatment.
We work with you to make treatments more accessible and comfortable because sometimes, dentistry can’t wait!
Our Ballard dentist answers your questions.
- Who is a candidate for dental implants?If you have one or more missing or broken teeth, then you may be a candidate for dental implants.
Even if you were previously told you’re not a dental implant candidate, dental technology and capabilities have changed. With today’s advanced techniques, you may be eligible for an implant procedure.
To find out if you’re a candidate for dental implants in Seattle, please schedule a consultation at Smile Ballard. During this appointment, we’ll review:
- Development: If you or your child have not fully developed (typically age 16 for girls and 18 for boys), dental implants may not be suitable. We can discuss a provisional plan until you or your child are eligible for a dental implant restoration.
- Health: You must be in good oral and overall health to undergo dental implant surgery.
- Bone: If you don’t have sufficient bone structure to support a dental implant, we may require a bone grafting procedure.
Click here to schedule a dental implants consultation in Seattle, and find out which tooth restoration may be best for your needs.
- How long does it take to get a dental implant?The average timeline for getting a dental implant is three months. However, in some cases, it may take longer due to healing times and any additional procedures during prep (like bone grafting).
- Who will place the dental implant post?Our restorative dentist, Dr. Curalli, has close relationships with local periodontists and oral surgeons. They utilize their expert-level training and experience to place your dental implant before we complete your restoration in-house.
During the process, our dentist remains in close communication with the referred specialists, ensuring your needs and expectations are met. While we won’t place your implant, we’re with you every step of the way!
- Does dental implant surgery hurt?Most patients claim getting a dental implant hurts less than a tooth extraction. However, you may feel some tenderness after the procedure, which you can easily treat with over-the-counter medication.
We help make getting dental implants in Seattle, WA, a comfortable and safe process. Our dental practice also offers sedation dentistry to ease any fear or anxiety.
- How long do dental implants last?With proper care, your dental implant may last a lifetime. However, the dental crown on top may need updating per its typical lifecycle, which is estimated to be about 15 years.
There are several ways to help extend the longevity of your dental implant. You should brush twice a day, floss daily, and visit your dentist for regular checkups.
- How much do dental implants cost?
The cost of a dental implant varies from patient to patient and tooth to tooth. Factors like treatment preparation for bone density, the type of tooth restoration, and the extent of treatment all play a role in final costs.
The good news is, most dental insurance policies help cover dental implants. With our intraoral photography, we can provide your insurance company with a visual explanation of your proposed treatment to help explain the procedure and maximize benefits.
To determine how much your dental implant in Seattle may cost, please schedule a consultation at Smile Ballard today!