With the high-stress world that we live in, a lot of us are wearing some sort of mouth guard. Whether it’s a night-guard or a day-guard, there are some important things you need to know about keeping it clean.
- You need to brush the guard daily.
- Rinse immediately after wearing.
- Keep away from animals. (It’s your dog’s favorite chew toy)
- Store in your case.
- Keep your case clean! Bacteria can harbor inside your case, leaving bacteria on your guard.
- Bring your guard to your 6 mo. follow-up for deep cleaning provided by your office.
If you have any more questions about how to keep your mouth guard clean or replace it, give us a call! 🙂