Protecting Your Health in The Summer
“If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it.” -Baz Luhrmann
In the summer, the pacific northwest is one of the most beautiful places to be. This time of year you can usually find all the locals spending as much time as possible outside. Everyone who lives here knows the struggle of being inside for 9-10 months during our rainy and gloomy seasons (fall/winter/spring). So once the sun comes out, we are all craving that vitamin D and don’t always think about the consequences of the harmful rays from the sun. Here are some helpful tips on protecting your health in the summer.
- Drink water! Staying hydrated is crucial in keeping your body temperature regulated and running smoothly.
- Wear sunscreen. Your biggest organ is your skin, so please protect it. Dermatologists actually recommend wearing sunscreen all year round.
- Limit your exposure time in the sun.
- Wear sunglasses to protect your eyes.
- Make sure to get an annual skin check.
Hope those tips helped you. Enjoy the rest of your summer and don’t forget to make your dental appointment 🙂